As a Technical Manager in the damage management industry, you will play a crucial role in developing the technical aspects of Rainbow Restorations operations. Your primary responsibility will be to coach, mentor and inspire technicians of our Rainbow Restoration network to ensure efficient and effective damage management processes. This is a field based position ideally covering the south of the UK with some training delivery at our Central Office in Mansfield. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing business
- Coach, mentor, and inspire Rainbow branches and their technicians. Provide guidance, support, and performance feedback through field based auditing and face-to-face, training delivery to ensure teams improve efficiency and effectiveness and deliver high-quality management services to our current clients and wider industry sectors.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge and understanding of damage management techniques, processes, and equipment. Stay updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and regulations to ensure the business remains at the forefront of the damage management business sector.
- Design and deliver technical training ensuring compliance to standards, such as PAS:64:2013 and BS 12999. Ensuring the Rainbow Restoration network and central office stay at the forefront of our business sector and lead the damage management industry in technical excellence.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance processes to ensure that all damage management activities are performed to the highest standards. Conduct regular inspections, audits, and reviews both field based and desk top to identify areas for improvement and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the Rainbow Restoration network, understanding their needs and providing technical solutions and support. Establish and maintain strong relationships ensuring their satisfaction and addressing any concerns or issues that may arise.
- Identify training needs within the Rainbow Restoration network and coordinate technical training programmes to enhance skills and knowledge. Promote a culture of continuous learning and development among team members based on our Right First Time philosophy
- Ensure adherence to health and safety regulations and promote a safe working environment for all team members. Conduct risk assessments, implement safety protocols, and enforce best practices to minimise occupational hazards and maintain a safe workplace.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideally qualified to BMDA Senior Technician level or willing to work towards. Other industry related qualification will be taken into consideration
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the damage management industry in a field based operational capacity, with a focus on technical operations, project management and technical innovation.
- Strong management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team.
- Excellent technical knowledge of damage management techniques, equipment, and best practices.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively liaise with clients, team members, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations related to the damage management industry.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a keen eye for detail and a focus on delivering high-quality results.
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
Note: This job description is a general overview and may be subject to modifications based on the specific requirements of the business and industry trends.
Salary: £36,000 to £50,000 pa, Company electric or hybrid car with cash allowance option;
Company bonus scheme; Private healthcare with discounted family membership; Hybrid working with UK travel
In the first instance applicants should send a full CV and covering letter to Ron Rookledge, Head of Technical & Audit by email to email@example.com